It Does Wonders for Your Week.
I’m often asked if there is some secret for consistent salesperformance. The answer is simple. Have a great Monday. Have a greatFriday.
If you’re looking for consistency in selling performance, try theseseven steps. You won’t believe how lucky you start to get.
1. Make a sale on Monday morning to start the week.
2. Listen to a sales training tape on Monday morning. (mental weightlifting)
3. Make enough (at least 5) appointments on Monday to ensure aproductive week.
4. Work like hell all week.
5. Listen to a sales training tape on Friday morning.
6. Make a sale on Friday afternoon to end the week.
7. Confirm and solidify your Monday appointment on Friday.
8. Make 5 appointments on Friday for next week.
8.5 Keep your pipeline full. Have enough qualified prospects “in thebank” so that a Monday sale isn’t a major barrier. PREPARE for yoursuccess or it won’t occur.
Monday. How you do on the first day of the week sets the tone for therest of it. And how you do on Monday is based entirely on how smart youworked last week. If you are disciplined enough to follow these methods,you won’t believe the difference it will make in your week and yourproductivity.
1. Make a sale first thing Monday morning? Set an appointment for earlyMonday morning you are confident will buy. It makes you feel great tocapture a sale to start your week. Sets you in motion and gives you amental boost to work harder (and make another one).NOTE WELL: Since there are a lot of companies having sales meetings onMonday AM, you’re as productive as you can be with an appointment. Youcan start making sales calls after 10am. (If time permits you can alsotry a few calls before 8am. Lots of decision makers are early risers.)
2. Learn something new? Pop a training or motivational tape into yourcar or home stereo (or both), and instead of listening to the same oldnews or music, try to feed your head with new knowledge that will helpyou make that first sale. When you learn a new technique on the way toan appointment, you can try it out in minutes.
3. Make at least 5 appointments for the rest of the week? Why not have aMonday full of success and positive anticipation. It’s up to you. Pickup the phone and work at it.
4. Work like hell all week.
Friday. How you do on the last day sets the tone for next week. Mostpeople slack off. If you work intensely on Friday, it will ensuresuccess next week and give you good reason to have a great weekend.
5. Learn something new? Continuing your sales education throughout theweek on a regularly scheduled basis is as important to your success asany other aspect of sales, but make sure you listen on Friday morning.
6. Make a sale on Friday afternoon? Schedule a close for Fridayafternoon? nothing like ending the week on a positive note.
7. Confirm and solidify your Monday appointment on Friday? If you workedhard the last four days, you’ve already set your “Monday AM makeasale”appointment. Call the prospect on Friday and confirm it.
8. Make at least 5 appointments for next week? Why not guaranteeyourself a full schedule next week? Spend your weekend relaxing insteadof worrying about how few appointments you have. Make this commitment toyourself: I won’t leave work on Friday until I have 5 appointments andI’ve have set my Monday appointment/sale.
8.5 The secret to a great week is to use Monday as a springboard. Thebigger secret is to trigger it by making a “sale” call on Monday. Thebiggest secret is you having enough qualified prospects in your pipelineto make that Monday sale possible. Keep your sales pipeline full.
Sounds simple. Make appointments, listen to tapes, make sales. It issimple. It just isn’t easy. But if you work intensely, you can do it. Ican make one promise to you? follow these guidelines and you’ll havesales consistency (you’ll also earn money).
Now you know the secret. I’ve given you the answer. The question is whatwill you DO with the answer.
Free GitBit: Want the formula than shows you how to keep your salespipeline full? Go to www.gitomer.com