What is WOW? WOW is sales!
WOW separates the strong from the weak.
WOW separates the sincere from the insincere.
WOW separates the sales pro’s from the con’s.
WOW separates the yes’s from the no’s.
WOW is the full measure of your sales power and the way you use it.
Are you WOW? Is WOW a factor in your selling process?
How do you WOW the customer?
You can measure how much WOW is in your sales effort by looking at the following ten aspects of what makes up WOW:
- Be totally persistent To reach the prospect, to get the prospect your information, to get information about the prospect, to appoint the prospect.
- Be totally knowledgeable about the prospect Your knowledge of the prospect and his or her business is often critical to completing the sale. Use the famous “Mackay 66” questionnaire as a guideline for how much information is needed.
- Be totally prepared Have a perfect presentation that you’ve rehearsed. Have a written proposal for what you want to accomplish or sell. Develop support tools and support documentation. Identify all possible objections and prescript, test, and rehearse responses for each of them.
- Be 10 minutes early It is always favorable to arrive a little early, it is always a disaster to arrive late. Carry a light load (only what you need for the show).
- Be totally professional Great clothing, professional accessories brief case, business cards. Have everything crisp and clean.
- Get “to the point” quickly, then question, listen and question Talk straight to the point. Get your meat out in 5 minutes or less. Write down your thoughts when the prospect is talking don’t interrupt.
- Totally separate yourself from everyone else and your competition Have creative, new ideas; have the sale in finished form (design done, preliminary layout, sample); have a WOW multi-media presentation; have a comparison chart of key areas where you beat the competition. Do things (professionally) no one else would do.
- Be totally confident in what you say and the way you act Build rapport first and keep building it during the presentation; use humor, use humor, use humor; act and speak as though the deal was done; use total manners think back to your mother screaming at you about how to act civilized do that. Don’t confuse confidence with cockiness. One works, the other fails.
- Don’t be afraid to use sales tactics but don’t be obvious. Get tie downs, approvals, and commitments along the way; don’t leave without knowing where you stand; don’t leave without a written down next action, deadline, and/or meeting.
- Be WOW yourself You must be positive, enthusiastic, focused, polished and convinced. You must be outstanding enough to be memorable.
The WOW factor can be used by anyone.
The problem is that most won’t sacrifice enough to create it.
Here are fifteen characteristics/words that epitomize a WOW salesperson:
- Persistent (relentless)
- Creatively different
- Real (genuine)
- Fast and to the point
- Able to get to yes
Are you WOW?
Here’s a self test. Ask yourself:
- Would you buy it if you were the buyer?
- Do you have what it takes to stick with it, stick to it, and do it until it’s done?
- Will the prospect be moved to act as a result of your presentation?
- Will the prospect go home or around the office and talk about you in a positive way?
- Do you epitomize the 15 WOW characteristics?
The WOW factor is easy to read about, but damn hard to create, prepare and implement. There is a challenge and sacrifice needed to put WOW into your selling process. If you have the fortitude to put the package together, then you must put your WOW in front of the prospect.
Here are the final steps to incorporate WOW into your presentation.
Notice that all are intangible.
- Focus on your target.
- Have your dreams ever present in your mind.
- Put your passion in your presentation.
- Don’t ever let them see you sweat.
- Let them feel your belief in yourself and your product.
- Never quit.
In sales, it all boils down to one word…Yes. To get there more often, use WOW.
The Positive Attitude Test. Got a positive attitude? Let’s find out. Just go to www.gitomer.com, click Access GitBit/RedBit Info, register if you’re a first-time user and enter the word ATTITUDE.