About now you may be experiencing “goal withdrawal.” That time of year when you begin to lose the momentum and drive you may have had on January 1. As a service to everyone, including myself, I’m going to give you the shot in the arm — OK. kick in the butt — necessary to maintain “SUCCESS MOMENTUM” and help you achieve your goals and dreams.
- PRUNE. Make a “get real” decision as to which goals you want to achieve. Off the others.
- DIG-IN. A commitment to yourself to do whatever it takes to achieve your goals. Get “you” tough.
- HARNESS your personal power. Discipline yourself, laser-focus on your commitment.
- ENLIST the help of others. You must get the support of others in order to achieve your goals.
- GIVE. It’s easy to get support – all you have to do is give support.
- SHIELDS UP, CAPTAIN KIRK! Don’t be vulnerable to the negative influence of other people.
- WORK on two of your goals every day, even if only for a short time.
- VISUALIZE yourself doing the steps necessary to achieve your goal.
- VISUALIZE yourself actually achieving your goal.
- BE RELENTLESS. Don’t quit in the pursuit of your achievement — even if your rear end falls off.
- THE SECRET IS IN THE DAILY DOSE — Do a little toward your goal every day. Write down how much (or how little) you must do each day in order to achieve. THEN DO IT.
Tell them how you will, and ask for their support!
Jeffrey Gitomer, author of The Sales Bible and The Little Red Book of Selling. President of Charlotte-based Buy Gitomer, he gives seminars, runs annual sales meetings, and conducts Internet training programs on selling and customer service at www.trainone.com. He can be reached at 704/333-1112 or e-mail to email@example.com.
r 2006 All Rights Reserved. Don’t even think of reproducing this document without written permission from Jeffrey H. Gitomer 704/333-1112
“ACHIEVE IT” Faxback #164