Take (physical, verbal, AND mental) ACTION
1. Admit it’s no one’s fault but yours.
2. Understand you always have (had) a choice.
3. If you think it’s ok, it is… if you think it’s not ok, it’s not.
4. Invest time, don’t spend it. I
5. Study the thoughts and writings of positive people.
6. Attend seminars and take courses.
7. Check your language gauge.
8. Avoid confrontational and negative words.
9. Say why you LIKE things and people, not why you don’t.
10. Help others without expectation or measuring.
11. Think about your winning and losing words.
12. Think about your mood, and your mood swings.
13. Are you the head of the complaint department, AND the chief complainer? Get a better job
14. Celebrate victory AND defeat.
15. Visit a children’s hospital or talk to a guy in a wheelchair.
15.5 Count your blessings every day.
Jeffrey Gitomer, author of The Sales Bible and The Little Red Book of Selling. President of Charlotte-based Buy Gitomer, he gives seminars, runs annual sales meetings, and conducts Internet training programs on selling and customer service at www.trainone.com. He can be reached at 704/333-1112 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
r 2006 All Rights Reserved. Don’t even think of reproducing this document without written permission from Jeffrey H. Gitomer 704/333-1112