I’m about to give you the formula for YES! Attitude achievement from my Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude:
It’s the same formula that gave me a positive attitude, and that I have followed for the past 35 years. But you must begin with the deep belief that it will happen, or it won’t.
Believe me, you gotta believe. First.
This formula is real. It’s as valid and as true as it can be. And it’s delicate. You may perceive it as too simple. Too hokey. You may even say, “I’ve heard this before.” Or, “I just read this.”
But, let me state in plain English: It will work. I guarantee it will work, but you must believe in yourself, be willing to rededicate yourself, and be willing to substitute the negative things you do, for the positive actions you must take to achieve it. If you do, you will not just “get a positive attitude.” You will have a YES! Attitude for a lifetime.
I have compiled the formula from the pages you have already read. I dripped the elements of the formula to you one by one and have now collected them into a few pages, so you can read and study them in a short space of time and carry them with you until you have achieved.
- DECIDE YOU’RE WILLING TO GO FOR IT. Know that the lifelong value of a YES! Attitude is worth it to you. If you can’t decide, the rest of the formula is worthless.
- DECIDE IT WILL TAKE A YEAR TO SET A NEW THOUGHT PATTERN. A year of positive isn’t too long, considering that you have had 30 (more or less) negative ones.
- START EACH MORNING WITH SOME POSITIVE EXPOSURE, WISDOM, OR EXPRESSIONS. First thing. Even if your ass falls off. Fifteen minutes, every day.
- START YOUR DAY WITH A POSITIVE THOUGHT PROCESS. I’m happy. It’s gonna be a great day. I am the greatest.
- GET RID OF NEGATIVE PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE. They waste your time and bring you down. If you can’t get rid of them (like a spouse or a boss), reduce your time with them.
- AVOID THE NEGATIVES. Eliminate negative things and people you come in contact with during the day. Exercise positive choices, and do things that build you up.
- AVOID THE VIOLENCE ON TV AND IN MOVIES. Violence generates negative and nervous energy. Violence wastes all your positive energy. Violence begets violence.
- IGNORE IDIOTS AND ZEALOTS. When you’re on this journey, it may (at times) seem a little silly. This is a natural feeling. Stick with it. Hang in there. Let idiots and zealots go their own way. You’re on a mission. Let nothing or no one get in your way.
- TURN OFF THE TV. Turn off the news (especially the local news). Turn off the weather. ( Just look out the window.)
- MAKE YOUR OWN ENVIRONMENT. One that makes you happy, gives you peace, and fosters your learning.
- READ BOOKS THAT WILL GET YOU GOING AT THE START OF THE DAY. Just a few pages each morning to give you a positive direction, thought, or inspiration. Share what you learned.
- LISTEN TO THE RECORDED MESSAGE OF POSITIVE PEOPLE. Their messages will keep you going during the day and in tough times.
- SURROUND YOURSELF IN THE EXTERNAL ENVIRONMENTS THAT BREED SUCCESS. Happy, creative, encouraging environments.
- CREATE NEW ASSOCIATIONS THAT WILL BOOST YOUR DESIRE TO BE POSITIVE. Happy people, successful people, helpful people.
- SMILE ALL THE TIME. Lead with a smile, and the words will follow. Earn a smile from everyone you talk to.
- RESPOND TO EVERYTHING IN THE POSITIVE. At first, this requires thought. You MUST stop and think BEFORE you mouth off.
- START EVERYTHING IN THE POSITIVE. Tell yourself and others what CAN be done. Tell yourself and others what you WILL do.
- SELECT ONE POSITIVE MESSAGE OR ONE PASSAGE. And read it, or listen to it, or watch it every day for a year.