Here is the CliffsNotes version of overcoming objections to carry in your wallet. You’ll need a big wallet.
- Listen to the objection and decide if it’s true.
- Qualify it as the only one.
- Confirm it again, in a different way.
- Qualify the objection to set up the close.
- Answer the objection so that it completely resolves the issue, and confirm the resolve.
- Ask a closing question, or communicate to the prospect in an assumptive (I have the sale in hand) manner.
- Confirm the answer and the sale in writing.
REMEMBER: An objection may actually indicate buyer interest.