What do Customers want, anyway?
The 21st Century customer is smarter, more demanding, web savvy, in a hurry, a bit rude when things go wrong, looking for a deal, and expecting everything in an instant.
With that list in mind, here is my quick, realistic list of 12.5 Things the Customer Wants (and expects) – that you can put into action tomorrow, and start to breed customer loyalty:
The customer wants
- The truth.
- Speed. (Get back to me FAST, get here FAST, fix it FAST, deliver FAST).
- The WHOLE problem: Help to fix the whole mess, not just the things that pertain to you. Go beyond the call of fixing.
- To be listened to.
- Tell me everything will be OK – reassure me.
- No surprises. Tell me the bad news in advance – let me plan or alter plans.
- No excuses. Do what you promised.
- Friendly dealings (and NEVER argue).
- Not to be told “no” or quoted from a policy book.
- You to make me laugh – or at least smile.
- To be made to feel special.
- You to show me you care.
12. 5 You to surprise me in a pleasant way.