What do Customers want, anyway?
The 21st Century customer is smarter,
more demanding, web savvy, in a hurry,
a bit rude when things go wrong, looking for a deal,
and expecting everything in an instant.
With that list in mind, here are Jeffrey Gitomer’s quick, realistic, list of 12.5 Things the Customer Wants (and expects) — that you can put into action tomorrow, and start to breed customer loyalty:
The customer wants…
1. The truth.
2. Speed (get back to me FAST, get here FAST, fix it FAST,
3. The WHOLE problem:
Help to fix the whole mess not just the things that pertain to you. Go beyond the call of fixing.
4. Listen to me.
5. Tell me everything will be OK — reassure me.
6. No surprises — tell me the bad news in advance
— let me plan or alter plans.
7. No excuses. Do what you promised.
8. Friendly dealings (and NEVER argue).
9. Not to be told “no” or quoted from a policy book.
10. Make me laugh — or at least smile.
11. Made to feel special.
12. Show me you care.
12.5 Surprise me in a pleasant way.
1999 All Rights Reserved – Don’t even think about reproducing this document without written
permission from Jeffrey Gitomer and Buy Gitomer www.gitomer.com 704/333-1112
“CUSTOMERS WANT” Faxback #166