1. Your opening question on a sales call.
Most salespeople start out with sales-puke. A bunch of info about their company and their product. Yuck. ASK A SMART QUESTION IMMEDIATELY, AND THEY’LL IMMEDIATELY THINK YOU’RE SMART.
- How much is your image worth? Do you have a specific game plan for image this year?
- How much does one lost hour of productivity cost the company? How much does it cost to lose an employee?
- If you were paying 20% more for your ——- than you had to, how would you know it?
2. Change your ordinary imaging and branding. Voice mail, fax cover sheet. List the ordinary things you do and change them today. Some other areas to get the thought process going? Your telephone greeting, your business cards, your business card title the way you transfer a call, the way you take a message, your promotional items – and YOU!
3. Use your follow-up and “stay-in-front-of” power to the MAX.Not just the hand written thank-you note. It’s the internet and your ability to have an info page – e-mail a weekly tip – create a value (testimonial stories, newsletter)
2000 All Rights Reserved – Don’t even think about reproducing this document without written permission from Jeffrey H. Gitomer and Buy Gitomer o 704/333-1112