Glenn Turner’s Attitude Actions
Here are 10 action guidelines for taking back control of your mind, and achieving the elusive positive attitude…
- For one year expose yourself to only positive things and positive people. Shut out the negative people and things that affect your response mechanisms. Go to as many public seminars as time and money will allow.
- For one year read only positive things. Napoleon Hill, Norman Vincent Peal, Earl Nightengale, Dale Carnegie.
- Spend 30 minutes a day listening to positive podcasts. At home, in the office and especially in the car.
(There is enough information available through books, CDs, podcasts and
seminars to make every dream you ever had come true.)
- Turn off the local news and devote that time to building plans and ideas for the most important person in the world – YOU!
- Realize you have the same equipment of a person of your equal. Even a severely handicapped person has someone like him who has overcome the odds and succeeded.
- Never let what happens on the outside control what happens on the inside. Helen Keller had an advantage – she couldn’t hear or see anyone trying to discourage her.
- Realize that fear is the opposite of faith. Information eliminates fear (of the unknown). Once you have information, you begin to develop faith in yourself.
- You’re about as happy as you make up your mind to be.
- Balance and control yourself in the 5 life disciplines. Focus twenty percent of your time and energy in each area.
- Spiritual – There’s more to spiritual growth than what is preached from the pulpit. The best sermon is simply a good example. I follow examples, not words. Religion to have lasted so long has to be more powerful than the buildings that house it. Supreme being is combined with your spirit of belief. There’s a world of difference between praying for something and believing in yourself that your prayers will be answered. God helps those who help themselves. Enthusiasm comes from the Greek word – entheos, the God within.
- Mental – Knowledge is the fuel to succeed. How much gas do you have? Can’t get any place on the road to success on an empty tank. The beaten path is for beaten people. Conventional wisdom is for conventional people
Believe it can happen to you, and it will happen to you – good or bad. If you were being drowned and fighting for air, how strong would your fight be? That’s the mental strength needed to determine your will to succeed.
- Emotional control – Who upsets you? And whose fault is it if they do? If someone can – you lose. No one can upset you unless you allow it. You choose the emotions you let run your life – choose peace, happiness, understanding, harmony, and inside control. I do.
- Physical – Mark Twain said “The only exercise I receive is as pall bearers for my friends who exercise.” There’s a lot of humor in that statement – but no wisdom. Balanced diet and daily exercise are a must for any leader. What you eat in private shows in public. How’s your public display?
- Financial – Any idiot can get rich, I proved that. How many foreigners get rich over here, right under our noses? We’re too busy blaming everything and everyone about how it won’t work – but the truth is you’re wasting time complaining when you should be learning, planning, and working.
- Mark 9:23 All things are possible to those who believe. It doesn’t say anything about having a harelip – I looked real close. Strengthen your will, by strengthening your belief – in your self-spirit.
God Bless You,
Glenn W. Turner