Have a set (printed) agenda for the meeting – all meetings must have one.
Start out positive – End up-beat.
Here’s a sample agenda that will make meetings more fun and move quickly…
Sales Meeting Agenda
- Morning mirth – someone on the staff tells a joke.
- Success announcements – successful big deals, goals exceeded.
- Frustrations shared – one or two minutes of blood letting. Don’t react immediately. Let solutions be offered later in the meeting.
- Two minute administrative details talk – no more.
- Five-ten minutes of product knowledge – no more. Idea: Test salespeople and reward highest score with lunch for two.
- Best of (examples) – how someone succeeded.
- Sales subject/lesson of the week – 2 people prepare – 15 minutes.
- Solutions to frustrations – 10 minutes.
- Networking opportunities discussed – prepared by someone weekly.
- Top ten prospect review of each salesperson – rapid fire talk that names the prospect, the status and the expected result.
- Expectations of the week – each person affirms what they will accomplish this week. Number of calls, sales, volume, etc.
- Generate an idea for one major prospect of each sales rep. Give them something creative to take to their appointment that separates them from the competitor.
12.5 END UPBEAT two minutes of something motivational, a tape, a reading, a story shared, a video clip. Something that will inspire a salesperson to leave through the wall, not the door.
The Best Sales Meeting Idea…
Make an appointment 1 minute following the sales meeting with a hot prospect.
You should be pumped…why not take it out on a prospect?
You should close that sale 110% of the time.