You speak, you work, you create, you write, you put value into the marketplace, and finally THEY CALL! now what? What is the BEST way to conduct the conversation to ensure conversion to a sale? Well, you’re in luck! I’ve been responding to these types of calls for years and have developed a formula for successful conversion. Two guarantees:
1. It will not work all the time.
2. It will work most of the time.
Positioning yourself for an incoming call
ONCE THEY CALL — Here’s 4.5 ways to get them to follow you home…
1. Ask for their objectives instead of bragging about yourself. Their objectives are also their HOT BUTTONS. Congratulations, with one question, you have made them lay their shields on the ground. The wall is lowered, and you can address their issues in terms of you.
2. Ask for a conference call with the boss to discuss outcomes (what they want their people to walk away with). Since most decisions are made on the carpet level, you may as well ask to get EVERYONE together with you on the phone or in the room. This step MUST FOLLOW step one.
3. Give one potato chip about how they benefit. (when you eat one potato chip you want another) One question, fact, or tid-bit the prospect can put into his life that he’s currently without. Ask them to take some action to get a reward or more of an answer.
4. Give information about their “why” their hot button (HINT: see the list of objectives above) The hot button is what you believe to be their biggest reason for purchasing. Create a sense of urgency by telling a compelling story. A story about achievement lost because of delay. Hint at a solution. Let them think about it. Offer a solution, not a brag. Something better than they have now. Something that makes them slightly uncomfortable about their present situation something that makes you look like a blessing.
4.5 THE LAST MAJOR CLUE:
Your past customers are better at selling you than you are. Are you using testimonials as sales tools?