(At the time of this article, Atlanta-based, Terri Norris, is the number one sales rep for Cintas, The Uniform People)
Here are several of Terri’s “pieces of gold,” mined from our interview a few weeks ago:
- My attitude knob is always set on positive.
- I create rapport so that the prospect feels like he or she is in my home and can go to my fridge and get a Coca-Cola (or Diet Coke, my favorite) without asking.
- I have positive anticipation. I always know it’s going to be a good day. I always feel like I’ll make the sale.
- I can’t be serious about anger. I get over it right away.
- If the prospect likes you, they’ll give you a shot. They’ll tell you the truth.
- I never have to ask for referrals. I earn them. I’m on the lookout for my customers, and they’re on the lookout for me.
One good inside sales-building secret? “I lunch a prospect and a customer. I bring a testimonial to the table – live and in a relaxed atmosphere.”
One solid result from building strong relationships? “My customers take pride in doing business with me. They want to help me succeed. They take pleasure in helping me.”
One insight to attitude? “I have an exaggerated sense of happy. I err on the side of friendly.”