Sales Proposal…Table of contents
- Executive Summary…The proposal in capsule form – the deal in one or two sentences.
- The Situation…An explanation of things as they exist now. The factual status of you, your customer and the market.
- The Opportunity…What opportunity exists between the parties that makes the deal mutually beneficial (lean the benefit toward the customer).
- The Objectives…What goals are sought to be achieved as a result of the deal going through.
- The deal in detail…What product or services are being bought (describe the deal so that there are no questions or situations unresolved).
- State who does what and when.
- State who delivers what and when.
- State who pays what and when.
- State who performs what services and when.
- The history of your company (brief) including the players…
- State how you help others not just how great you are.
- Give the present industry standards…Clearly show that you are well above them (and your competition) and what your prospect’s competitive advantage is by doing the deal with you.
- List the reasons and major benefits to the deal…(It’s a summary, but don’t call it one)
- Hit every hot button you know.
Exhibits if needed…
- Supporting technical information. Brochures or fact sheets about items ordered.
- Use testimonials from satisfied customers that overcome objections — and provide proof of your claims.
- Supporting national and local articles. More proof about benefits and claims that you have made.
- Promotional articles. Things written about you are ten times more powerful than things you write about yourself.
- Your company mission statement. The last page should reek of credibility, values and ethics.
And last but most important of them all – THE CONTRACT…including prices and terms – completely filled out and signed by everyone except the buyer (enclose or attach a pen).