Action Plan for Becoming a SALES FUNNEL Salesmaster
I. General Guidelines
- Ask for commitment Prior to the presentation
- Give the customer the right to disagree
- Agreement must be obtained on every issue that you consider important or you must not continue down the Funnel.
- Ask questions that create deficit in the comfort level of the customer.
- You must know why you do what you do when you do it.
- The personality profile of the customer determines your strategy and demeanor.
- The WITY (What’s Important To You) singularly identifies you. It is a document that list buying criteria, product features, and buying motives.
- You must know everything about your product, your industry, your competition, sales, and human behavior and say as little as possible.
- You must listen more than talk and that requires that the presentation be converted from statements to questions.
II. The Three Phases of the SALES FUNNEL
A. Research Phase:
- Create deficit in the customer’s confidence level so he needs you more, not less, after the presentation.
- Obtain commitment on buying criteria.
- Develop rapport and become the customer’s emotional twin.
- Position yourself as a problem solver and establish your credibility.
- The sales is made in the research phase.
- Ask for commitment based on criteria selected on “WITY”
B. Education Phase:
- The actual presentation of the product’s features and benefits.
- Customer presentation based on “WITY”
- Eliminates the objection that was uncovered during research.
- Builds value and minimizes the price concern.
- Ask questions where the answer is the benefit the customer attaches to the product features.
C. Dream Fulfillment phase:
- Increase emotional level by demonstration or other means.
- Have customer take mental possession of the product by having her visualize receiving the product’s benefit.
- Convert objection to questions to minimize confrontation.
- Ask the customer to fulfill her dominant buying motive, not buy your product.
- Tailor the close to her personality.
III. Customizing Your Presentation To The SALES FUNNEL
- What are your steps to a sale?
- The first step is the warm-up and the last is the is the close
- What do you do in between?
- List all of your steps, then analyze why you do what you do when you do it?
- Could step five be more effective at step three and vice-versa?
- Once you have determined your steps are in the proper order, become clear as to the true purpose of each step.
- Then use the demeanor that best accomplishes that purpose.
- Use the enclosed Funnel to dissect your sales progress. Good luck in Funneling your way to the top!
About Ray Leone Ray Leone combined his background as a consultant for First Pennsylvania Bank and RCA with his sales success as the top producer for two international corporations to develop his highly acclaimed SALES FUNNEL’ System. In addition to his SALES FUNNEL’ seminars, Ray’s Logical Leadership, How to communicate Like the Pros, and How to Hire and Train Winners programs are favorites with audiences from every walk of life. He is host of the talk radio show “Winning the Game of Life”:, heard Sunday mornings and is the author of the best selling book Success Secret of the SALES FUNNEL’. His new book 10 Secrets of Marketing Success is an anthology with contributions from Ken Blanchard, Steven Covey, Tom Peters and many others.Among his clients are AT&T, Lucent Technologies, EDS, Rohm and Haas, Clemson University, and The Compass Group. As a businessman, Ray is president of The Leone Resource Group and SSS Publishing. He is a member of the National Speakers Association, American Management Assocation, and the American Society for Training and Development. Ray is on the faculty of TPM/Primestar, the only television network devoted entirely to personal development.For information on retaining Ray as a keynote speaker, product information, or customized in-house training, contact us at The Leone Resource Group Box 16039 Charleston SC 29412 803-759-9462 803-795-4113