The 12.5 Values of a Sales Professional
1. The value of creating a difference between you and the competition
The biggest difference is the difference they perceive in YOU!
2. The value of knowing the difference between satisfied and loyal
Satisfied customers buy anywhere. Loyal stays, fights for you, and refers.
3. The value of your ability to speak and be compelling
If your sales message is boring they pass. If it’s compelling, they want to buy.
4. The value of knowing everything or being too busy
All the information you need to succeed already exists.
You may not be exposing yourself to it.
5. The value of establishing a friendly relationship
All things being equal people want to do business with their friends.
All things being not quite so equal people still want to do business with their friends.
6. The value of your humor
If you can make ’em laugh, you can make ’em buy. Study humor.
7. The value of creativity
Your key to being perceived as different lies in your creativity.
Creativity can be learned.
8. The value of asking for the sale
It’s so simple, no one does it.
9. The value of your belief in yourself
To make a sale, you gotta believe you work for the greatest company in the world,
you gotta believe you have the greatest products and services in the world,
you gotta believe you’re the greatest person in the world.
Three key words, you gotta believe.
10. The value of being prepared
Most salespeople are half prepared.
They know everything about themselves, they know nothing about their prospect.
11. The value of not whining
You may be the greatest — but if you whine, no one will like or respect you.
12. The value of an apple a day
An hour of learning a day will make you a world class expert at anything in 5 years.
12.5 The value of a positive attitude
Attitude is EVERYTHING
You become what you think about.
Your attitude is at the core of every action you take.
c 2005 All Rights Reserved – Don’t even think about reproducing this document without written
permission from Jeffrey H. Gitomer and Buy Gitomer 704/333-1112 www.gitomer.com