12.5 Characteristics of a Great Sales Manager
- I will develop a training program that is individualized for the specific success needs of each person on the team.
- I will live what I teach and I earn respect by setting an example.
- I will develop the disciplines I respect in others.
- I will not play favorites.
- I will attack pending problems and rapidly make tough decisions.
- I will promote risk-taking.
- I will be specialized at recruiting, training and retaining top people.
- I will look at change as healthy, and make changes whenever needed.
- I will learn how to help people improve their self-image by encouraging them to use their full capability and power to succeed.
- I will have a total commitment to building a team that functions in unison to achieve the sales goals we set together.
- I will be inspirational by example.
- I will encourage people in all aspects of sales and attitude.
12.5 My goal will be to have my sales people want to be and believe they can be as good as I am…ALMOST.
9.5 Ways to Motivate and Counsel Salespeople
- Teach and encourage them to become winners.
- Be consistent and directed in your training.
- Treat their needs individually.
- Have high quality training tools/materials available when you need them.
- Give them plenty of opportunities to be recognized for a job well done.
- Don’t set quotas. Work together to set goals.
- Hold regular, organized office meetings.
- Have a brief performance review meeting every month.
- Don’t ask them to do things you can’t or won’t do.
9.5 Get them to achieve and maintain a positive attitude by getting and achieving one yourself.
What motivates a sales person?
- Love of job
- Belief in product
- Desire to win
- Desire to succeed