Knowing the reasons why an existing relationship is satisfactory will help you understand how to proceed.
I’m satisfied with my present source… Why?
Here are the top 12.5 reasons your prospect likes the vendor he’s currently using…
1. Price or great deal (perceived value).
2. Quality of product/service.
3. Has a special business relationship.
4. Has personal relationship.
5. Has used this supplier for years.
6. No risk, no hassle or problems — gets what he wants, when he wants it.
No reason to upset the apple cart. Feels safe with existing status-quo..
7. Doesn’t know any better
— only thinks he’s getting a good deal or good service.
8. Vendor “helped me when I needed it.”
9. Great (friendly, immediate) service.
10. In stock – immediate delivery.
11. Personalized service/does favors.
12. Told by someone else “This is who we buy from.” Referred.
12.5 Is lazy, has a vendor, doesn’t want to change, isn’t spending his own money (not the boss).
AND — maybe the prospect likes the product you have,
and just doesn’t like you. Just a thought.
Find out which one of these 12.5 reasons
applies to your situation
before you start to overcome this objection…
or you’re wasting your time.
1999 All Rights Reserved – Don’t even think about reproducing this document without written
permission from Jeffrey Gitomer and Buy Gitomer www.gitomer.com 704/333-1112
“I’M SATISFIED” Faxback #155