Up-selling is a phenomena that affects us almost every day. At the convenience store they ask, is there anything else. At a restaurant they ask for drink orders and suggest appetizers.
You never fail to hear these and other questions when you go to a fast food chain.
1. Would you like fries with that?
2. Would you like cheese on that?
3. Would you like dessert with that?
From clothing stores to appliance stores, up-selling is a way of life. It breeds extra sales dollars and extra profit from the same customer. Are you up-selling to the best of your capability?
Ask YOURSELF these ten “sell-up” prompting questions…
1. Have I just taken the order, or have I gotten the last beer/food order out of the customer I could?
2. Did I ask if there was anything else needed?
3. Did I suggest new food items?
4. Did I suggest appetizers?
5. Did I suggest add-on items?
6. Did I talk about specials?
7. Did I suggest dessert?
8. Did I use similar situation selling to increase the order?
9. Did I help this person to the best of my ability?
10. Did I try to make friends with this person?
To be your best you can be for yourself and your company, you must be able to answer all ten questions with a resounding yes, and then give a specific “what did I do?”
Hot, new, best seller, best moving, selling like hotcakes, everybody’s ordering it, tastes great, everyone gets that, you need, our most popular, the best thing on the menu, goes great with.