WIN THE SALE
Here are the 10.5 ways to prepare for your sales presentation so you can be sure the win the sale:
- Get ready. The content, the humor, the speed of delivery, the tone,the gesture, the passion, the familiarity, the story, the conciseness,the punch. (Clue: Know the audience, pre-question some of the attendees, or die.)
- Ask yourself eight questions
- What’s my time limit?
- Is this the most compelling message I can create?
- What’s the point? What will compel me to act?
- Am I clear? Is my message clear?
- Is my delivery the best it can be?
- Would I buy?
- What do I want the audience to do when I’m done?
- What do I want them to say to me (about me) when it’s over?
- Practice in front of people not afraid to criticize you.
- Record a practice session. If you listen to the audio and say to yourself, “That sucks,” that’s what the audience will hear. That’s you. Fix it.
- Listen to your recording as often as you can stand it. Memorize and know where you need emphasis. Know what sounds stupid – cut that out.
- Practice it as though you were giving it. Rehearse for real everytime.
- If your family or friends think you’re nuts – you’re on the right track.
- Get an evaluator before you start each talk.
- Videotape the actual session.
- Watch the tape twice. Make a list of “never do that again” and carry it with you for three years.
10.5 Join Toastmasters. Go to www.toastmasters.org and find the closest Toastmasters to you and register while you are there!