Sales sick? Take two Jim Rohn (lessons) and call me in the morning.
One of my most respected life influencers was Jim Rohn. Considered by many (me included) to have been America’s foremost business philosopher, he impacted millions of people with his words of wisdom.
Here’s a testimonial from someone he influenced: “Jim Rohn, my first personal development teacher, always taught me that if you have enough reasons, you can do anything. Reasons are the difference between being interested, versus being committed to accomplish something.” – Anthony Robbins.
Last week I was reviewing my seminar notes I’d taken at Jim Rohn events over the the five years that I attended his live events. I went to several “Weekend with Jim Rohn” events and always sat in the same place — the front row.
I re-discovered all the notes I took at his events – hundreds of morsels of wisdom. I reconfirmed why I miss him and wish I could see him again.
Here are some philosophical ideas and concepts that drove Jim Rohn and may put you on the right course for your success.
Quotes and observations that can direct (or redirect) your sale’s sails:
- Growth. Don’t join an easy crowd. You won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform and achieve are high.
- Direction. My suggestion would be to walk away from the 90% who don’t, and join the 10% of those who do.
- Education. Motivation and inspiration comes from education.
- Study Smart. If you want to be successful, study success. If you want to be wealthy, study wealth. If you want to be happy, study happiness.
- Change. We generally change ourselves for one of two reasons: Inspiration or desperation.Less is More. What is powerful, is when what you say is just the tip of the iceberg of what you know.
- Dumb Moves. The millionaire says to a thousand people, “I read this book and it started me on the road to wealth.” Guess how many go out and buy the book? Very few. Isn’t that incredible? Why wouldn’t everyone get the book? A mystery of life.
- Redefine Failure. There are no failures — only educational experiences that didn’t turn out very well.
- Discipline. Learn to hide your need and show your skill.
- Spirituality. Ask for God’s help, but be willing to do your part of the work.
- Purpose beyond Goal. It’s not about becoming a millionaire, it’s about becoming a million dollar person.
- Success. Success is what you attract by the person you become.
- Legacy. There are three things you leave behind: Your photographs, your library, and your personal journals. These things are certainly going to be more valuable to future generations than your furniture.
Ask yourself: Do you consider yourself successful? Consider this:
- Successful people do what unsuccessful don’t (won’t) do.
- Successful people live outside their comfort zone.
- Successful people associate with successful people.
- Successful people hang around money or things that make money.
- Successful people are consistent (will be here next year).
- Successful people stay in the fire.
- Successful people know how to access information.
- Successful people are always learning.
“I belong to a millionaire’s club,” said Rohn. “Occasionally we invite a billionaire in to talk to us. He’ll say, ‘You guys are doing OK, — but’ “
Jim Rohn was a mentor to others as his mentors were to him. Rohn wanted his messages to last. They did for me. He delivered thought provoking information in the form of personal challenges. He told you to, “Get out of your comfort zone.” Rohn challenged his audiences to take up residence there. I did. I hope you do as well.
LISTEN LESSON: When you go to any seminar or talk, listen actively, which means take notes. Luckily I learned this lesson long ago, and took notes (feverously) at every Jim Rohn talk I attended, and now, fifteen years later, I’m able to share some of his wisdom with you.
Powerful information, huh? Until his death in 2009, Jim Rohn was an inspiring speaker for more than 30 years. His knowledge and wisdom has been there for you years ago. The problem is, you just never exposed yourself to it. Expose yourself to success. Expose yourself to more Jim Rohn (www.jimrohn.com).
Jim Rohn was more than a seminar. Jim Rohn was a life-changing experience.
By special arrangement with the offices of Jim Rohn International, you can get an electronic file of Jim’s “treasury of quotes.” Go to www.gitomer.com, register if you’re a first time user, and enter the words JIM ROHN in the GitBit box.