Post-it Note your way to real achievement.
GOAL: I want to be a success.
CHALLENGE: Easier “thought” than “done.”
THOUGHT: Success means “achieve goals.”
WRONG THOUGHT: Many people are afraid of success.
REALITY: People are not afraid of achieving success, they just don’t know how to do it.
BIGGER REALITY: It’s that time of the year again — no, no, not Christmas time. Goal time. Resolution time. Achievement time. Rats.
BIGGEST REALITY: Last year’s resolutions (goals) never made it through February.
DEPRESSION STARTER: It’s now the end of the year and you haven’t accomplished squat.
IDEA: Go purchase a pad of Post-it Notes, and you’ll be on the path to success!
A resolution is really a goal. You have several goals you want to achieve, but they’re not written down in plain sight. They just sit on a piece of paper in a drawer, on the back page of a daytimer, or pop up in your head every once in a while, only to be buried in a black hole of procrastination, excuses and guilt. Take heart. I found a way to beat the system. Post-it Notes.
Want to achieve your goals? Want your resolutions to become a reality? Here are all the tools necessary to achieve the success that has eluded you so far:
Felt tip pen
And here’s the tested and proven method:
1. Write down big ones – On 3×3 yellow Post-it Notes, write down your prime goals in short words (get funding for business; win Salesman of the Year award; New client – First Citizens Bank).
2. Write down small ones – Use three more notes and write down your secondary goals in short words (read about attitude 15 minutes a day; read book – Dale Carnegie; organize desk; build new closet).
3. Put them in front of your face – Post them on your bathroom mirror, where you can see them twice a day. You are forced to look at them and yourself every morning and evening.
4. Say them aloud each time you look at them – Looking AND saying doubles the affirmation.
5. Keep looking and talking until you start acting – You will look at them until you are sick of looking at them – and begin to take action — achievement action. You’ll begin to accomplish them.
6. Seeing the note there every day makes you think about acting on it every day. Once you start acting, the note triggers a “What do I have to do today to keep the achievement on target?” The note forces you to act and to achieve your goal.
By posting the goal in the bathroom you are consciously reminded of your goals at least two times a day. From there your subconscious gets into the act. Gnawing away at your soul until you are driven to take positive action. Achievement action.
And when you get to the top of the mountain, when you achieve what you’ve been working for, at last you can say the magic words. Scream them. “I DID IT!” (Screaming positive things always feels wonderful.)
6.5 Revisit your success every day – Here comes the best part. After your goal is achieved, take the Post-it Note off the bathroom mirror and triumphantly post it on your bedroom mirror. Now, every day when you check out “how you look for the day,” you also get to see your success.
WOW! Not only does it feel great, but you are able to set the tone for a successful day, every day, first thing in the morning by looking at (goal) success, remembering how good it felt, and thinking about what it took to do it. Plus, it gets you motivated to keep achieving more.
The program is simple.
The program works.
The results will change your attitude.
The results will change your life.
The results will change your outlook about your capability of success achievement.
By the time you have your bedroom mirror full of achieved Post-it Note goals, you’ll have enough money to go out and buy a bigger mirror, and the house to put it in.
Post it. Post haste.
FREE GitBit…Start paving the way to success! There are steps to take in order to get to the end of the achievement path — and you can get them free. Just go to www.gitomer.com – click Free Stuff the click GitBit – register and enter the secret words, “ACHIEVE IT”.
Jeffrey Gitomer, author of The Sales Bible, and Customer Satisfaction is Worthless, Customer Loyalty is Priceless. President of Charlotte-based Business Marketing Services, he gives seminars, runs annual sales meetings, and conducts training programs on selling and customer service. He can be reached at 704/333-1112 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org