Which way do I go to find success?
It’s amazing how many emails I get from people, telling me that I canbe a success if I just do it their way and pay them a bunch of money.The reason these people succeed with “do it my way” ideas, is that mostunsuccessful people don’t have the confidence to do it on their own, orthey have no game plan to do it on their own, and figure, “Well, ifthat guy did it, maybe I can do it.”
And the people who “pay for success” begin to reach for money based on greed, rather than earning money based on love. More often than not, they fail at the process, and blame the guy that sold them the formula, or the formula itself.
When you reach for success and can’t quite get there, it’s a lesson andan adventure — not a failure. If you consider it a failed attempt,FIRST look at your attitude
Let me give you my formula for success — at no charge:
1. Find something to do, that you believe in, and that you love.
2. Dedicate the time that it takes to become a world-class expert atit. NOTE: I was taught long ago that there are three kinds of experts:an expert, a world-class expert, and THE world-class expert. In orderto get where you want to go, in order to become successful, you have tobe at least a world-class expert.
3. You have to believe in yourself, and let no one else around youshake that belief. 4. You have to wake up every morning with anattitude of YES!, and have it be strong enough to shake off the NOs.
And, if you have all of those elements…
4.5 You must then be willing to work hard. Not just “do whatever ittakes,” but actually see the vision of completion and fulfillment, andwork hard towards that with all your heart, every day.
SUCCESS FORMULA RECAP: If you love it, if you believe in it, if youbelieve in yourself, and you’re willing to work your butt off, you canmarch to success, doing it YOUR way.
Okay. I just gave you the formula. Why aren’t you moving on it? Why aren’t you jumping at it?
I’ll tell you why:
• I haven’t told you the story about how I came upon this theory.
• I haven’t shown you any proof that my way works.
• You want more details of “how.”
• You have no idea what you want to do.
• You have no idea of what you would love to do.
• You are unwilling to take the risk (a form of low belief).
• You are unwilling to chance not having rent or car payment money.
• You don’t really want it that bad.
I have discovered that most people have little or no real passion forwhat they do every day. They’re dreaming about success in other waysthan the opportunity at their feet. (Maybe it’s time to read orre-read, “Acres of Diamonds” by Russell Conwell.)
Your success will not be achieved with someone else’s formula, UNLESSthe product or service they’re involved with matches your passion.
The success formula your looking for is within you. All you have to doto find it is arrange some personal alone time to think about it anddiscover it. It may involve shutting off the TV for a while. It mayinvolve reading or writing — or a combination of all these elements.
Once you have the idea, you have to make a plan. Not just a plan toexecute, a plan to clarify your thinking and smooth out the detailsbefore you leap into action — full force (the only way to take action).
One more element: Courage. The guts and fortitude to start, continue,stay the course, make it happen, and celebrate the victory.
You create the idea, you create the plan, you make the map, you developthe passion, you take the first step, and you march to success.
You have known of the lessons since the first time you watched Dorothyin The Wizard of Oz. If you have brains, heart, courage, and theunyielding desire to get to Oz, success is yours.
You don’t need to be a wizard, but you do need to be smart.
If you want another viewpoint, go to www.gitomer.com, register ifyou’re a first-time visitor, and enter the words MY SUCCESS in theGitBit box.
© 2017 All Rights Reserved. Don’t even think about reproducing this document without written permission from GitGo, LLC, Jeffrey H. Gitomer and Buy Gitomer. 704/333-1112