Do you have a positive attitude? Everyone will say yes, but less than one in one hundred actually do! One percent.
Are you really in the one percentile? All you have to do is pass this simple test:
no yes I watch the local news for about 1 hour per day.
no yes I read the paper every day.
no yes I read a news magazine every week.
no yes I sometimes have a bad day, all day.
no yes I get angry for an hour or more.
no yes I look to blame others when something goes wrong.
no yes When something goes wrong or bad, I tell others.
no yes I get angry at my spouse and don’t talk for more than 4 hours.
no yes I bring and discuss problems to work from home.
no yes I plan for the worst.
no yes I’m affected by bad weather (too cold, too hot, rain) enough to talk about it frequently.
02 answers of “yes” you have a positive attitude.
36 answers of “yes” you have a negative attitude.
7 or more answers of “yes” you have a problem attitude. Serious problem.
More than 4 “yes” answers? Go out and invest in the books and courses of Dale Carnegie, Norman Vincent Peale, Ken Blanchard, W. Clement Stone, Napoleon Hill, Earl Nightengale, Wayne Dyer and Denis Waitley. People who write about how you can, not why you can’t.
The plot thickens. Several national tests have revealed the following startling statistics about why salespeople fail:
15% Improper training both product and sales skills.
20% Poor verbal and written communication skills.
15% Poor or problematic boss or management.
Sounds almost impossible doesn’t it? Salespeople (or anyone else) could succeed 50% more if they just change the way they think. Earl Nightengale in his legendary recording, “The Strangest Secret,” reveals the secret of a positive attitude. We become what we think about. But, it’s a dedicated discipline that must be practiced.
Want to begin to change your attitude to change your success (and income)? Try adding and living these thoughts and exercises:
- When something goes wrong, remember it’s no one’s fault but yours.
- You always have (and have had) a choice.
- If you think it’s ok, it is…if you think it’s not ok, it’s not.
- Ignore the local junk news do a project, make a plan, or do something to enhance your life.
- For one year read only positive books and material.
- When you face an obstacle, or something goes wrong, look for the opportunity.
- Listen to attitude audio tapes, attend seminars, take courses.
- Ignore people who tell you “you can’t” or try to discourage you.
- Check your language is it half full or half empty, partly cloudy or partly sunny? Avoid why, can’t, won’t.
- Say why you like things, people, job, and family. Not why you don’t.
- Help others without expectation or measuring.
If you say I’m not ’cause he’s not, who loses?
If you say why should I when he…, who loses?
- Visit a children’s hospital or find a guy in a wheelchair.
- How long do you stay in a bad mood? If more than 5 minutes, something’s wrong.
- Count your blessings every day.
If you take the hour a day that you currently waste watching the local news and convert into positive action or learning for yourself, your business or your family, at the end of one year you will have captured more than 15 full 24hour days. Which will help your success more 15 days a year watching the news or 15 days a year building your future? You have a choice.
50% of success is believing you can.
Simply put, you become what you think about.
Want an agenda form that you can use for your sales meetings? Using this form will insure you get the most out of your meetings. Just go to www.gitomer.com, register if you’re a first time user and enter the word AGENDA in the GitBit box.